Hi,
I'm going to cross-post to the Users forum since you may find some users of
the Savepoint feature out there...  Savepoints are not what I would call a
"mainline" feature.  Yes, they have been part of the OpenJPA project since
day one, but I have not heard of too many actual customer scenarios using
this feature.  Hopefully, you'll get some hits from the Users forum...
Good luck!

Kevin