Hi,

openjpa has still a problem with constant joins. [1]

I thought, addind constant field to one class could be a quick work
around, but obviously I have some mistake in my join (I am quite new
to JPA), or there is a bug in jointable.

I have 1 : M mapping between 1 device (class name: Device) and M
tempeartueStamps (class name: TempStemp)
I have a primary key and 4 different lists in Device:

@Id
private Integer did;

@OneToMany(mappedBy="stampOwner", cascade =
CascadeType.ALL,fetch=FetchType.LAZY)
@JoinTable(name="TEMPSTAMP",
                joinColumns={
@JoinColumn(name="STAMPOWNER_DID", referencedColumnName="DID"),
@JoinColumn(name="TEMPSTAMP.TEMPTYPE", referencedColumnName="OUTGING")
        })
private List<TempStamp> tempOutgoingList;
// similar other three lists but with other constant

The mapped object/table "TEMPSTAMP" consitss of:
- -Temptype
- -TempValue
- -TempTime
- -stampOwner

As suggested in [2] my second join in other table is join with constant
Because of [1] workaround, in device I add also the constants:
private String outgoing="'outgoing'";

When device and its lists get persisted, all database entries are
correct. Problem is with retrieving.
Suppoose I have device with 4 lists with n elements each different values.
When retrieving devices with a TypedQuery, I always end up,
with 4 elements in each list having all the same value.

This is really weird and I have no clue why this happens.

I also tried without success:
@JoinColumn(name="TEMPSTAMP.TEMPTYPE",
referencedColumnName="DEVICE.OUTGING")

Another non-critical thing I wondered is a issue with merge():

suppose I have a list of devices:

List<Device> runtimeList;
// I retrieve its objects  with:
TypedQuery<Device> dQuery = em.createQuery("select d from Device d",
                                Device.class);

when running merge/persitance I iterate over that list and use:

EntityTransaction tx = em.getTransaction();
tx.begin();
for(Device dSaved : runtimeList){
 Device dfound = em.find(WRG.class, savedDevice.getId());
 if (dfound != null) {
  dSaved = em.merge(dfound);
 } else {
  em.persist(dSaved);
}
}
tx.commit();

Now, when I would run  em.merge(dSaved) instead of em.merge(dFound) I
get the Error:

"An object of type <X> with oid <Y> already exists in this context
another cannot be persisted"

I cannot comprehend that. Stack trace clearly shows that em.merge
fails to save the same object. Well I am fairly new to JPA, I found
some hint that I would need to "detach" the object before merging it.

Any help much appreciated, greetings,

Adam

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2054
[2]