Hi Chris,

On Feb 1, 2013, at 1:28 PM, Chris Wolf wrote:

I notice that upon executing a query with the EM, it returns a
collection list of type "DelagatingResultList" can I just use that in
the business logic of my app, or should I copy it into a standard
ArrayList first?

Generally, any type of XXXList<Foo> that you get from "someone else's code" should be treated (not copied!) as a List<Foo>. Unless you know that the behavior you need is only in XXXList and not in List. So in your Java code,

List<Foo> result = fooQuery.getResultList();

So carefully look at your requirements, but in general just use the List<Foo> behavior until you find you need something more. And then ask here to see if there's a better way.

Craig

Thanks,

Chris

Craig L Russell