Yes, it does work, but with that query I am getting that extra data in result
- number of comments. And I need to get result in a form of list of Post
objects (List<Post>).

In the meantime I have found a way to build this query using JPA Criteria
API:

        CriteriaBuilder cb = em.getCriteriaBuilder();
        CriteriaQuery<Post> cq = cb.createQuery(Post.class);
        Root<Post> p = cq.from(Post.class);
        cq.select(p);

cq.orderBy(cb.desc(cb.size(p.<Collection&lt;Comment>>get("comments"))));

        Query q = em.createQuery(cq);
        List<Post> resultList = (List<Post>) q.getResultList();

Anyway, thanks for reply.