Hi Rick,
  Unfortunately I can't seem to use slice, since the Hector JPA plugin is
not a JDBC based plugin.  I'm now at the point of having 2 entity managers,
1 for Cassandra via Hector JPA, and another with MySQL.  Do you know of
anyone that has successfully implemented a proxy Entity Manager that can
delegate to other entity managers?  Our objects are always in a detached
state, so we don't have to worry about transactions across both system.
We're utilizing optimistic concurrency for all of our entities so this also
should give us a bit of relief.

Thanks in advance,
Todd