Hi
A question from a newcomer who doesn't know what he is doing yet.
I wish to intercept mouse clicks on the map and found examples of how to
achieve this using OpenLayers.Control.MouseDefaults in the list archive. I
have got this working ok using code of the form:

olMouseDefaults = new OpenLayers.Control.MouseDefaults();
olMouseDefaults.defaultClick = function(evt) {
  var point = this.map.getLonLatFromViewPortPx( evt.xy );
  alert("Got point:" + point);
  OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt);
  return false;
}
map.addControl(olMouseDefaults);

Unfortunately I now see from the source of MouseDefaults.js that this
control is now deprecated and I should be using the Navigation control.  I
cannot find any examples of how to achieve click interception using this
control and my attempts have all failed.

Help would be gratefully received.

Colin