Hi Christopher

You could create your own hover feature for that. This control would
use a feature handler internally, just like th select feature control.
You can start from the select feature control and simplify it to the
point where it just creates a feature handler configured with "over"
and "out" callbacks. Hope this is enough information...

Eric