Dave Potts wrote:

THanks to Rob and Eric,  I have a solution.

I took a copy of the developers release of the openlayers and the vertex dirt disappeared.

D.

If I attempt to delete a feature from a layer it seems to leave behind a yellow spot at every point where a line join another, ie a vertext

Is there anyway of stopping this happening?

I am using the onSelect call back to invoke a function that calls detroyFeatures to actual do the removal

ie {onSelect: foobar}
where foobar is

function foobar(feature){
   feature.layer.destoryFeatures([feature])

}

Is this the correct way to do things? or do I have an active selection function??

Dave.

begin:vcard
fn:David Potts
n:Potts;David