Hi out there,

I'm new to OpenLayers, so this might be an easy problem, but I can't get it
solved on my own.

At the moment I try to understand the examples on the OpenLayers.org-Site and
to adjust them to my data. The easier ones worked out fine. But now I cannot
get a WFS-T example to work. I tried two of them in the examples list of
OpenLayers.org and for a last try the WFS-T Demo provided by Geoserver.

Two examples throw the same error in gears_init.js line 51 "factory = new
ActiveXObject('Gears.Factory'); ".
I tried to install it, but since I do not have Autocad installed it won't work.

In the end I tried to copy the source text of the geoserver example, that works
fine on the geoserver I use and I adjust only the pathnames to css,
openLayers-Library and geodata (tasmania) on the same geoserver, but get the
same error.

Has anyone got an idea that could help me.

I use FF 3.0.10, OL 2.7 on windows XP

Thanks, Barbara