Well, in the end I would really like to avoid the use of
layer.refresh({'force':true}) if possible.

If you activate the DrawFeature control while modifying a feature
(instead of hitting cancel), the geometry of the current modified
feature still needs to be restored (didn't hit the "save" button).  So
the following happens :

  1. layer.refresh is called
  2. DrawFeature control activates (at the same time, "featureadded"
events are registered")
  3. response from the layer.refresh draws new features, but they get
all engulfed in the DrawFeature "featureadded" events (resulting in
selecting them all in my case)

  So, I would really need an other option...  Any clue ?

  I'll show the "weird" behavior of cloning the geometry in a live
example.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears