I'm new to open layers and geoserver, but have been having speedy success until
today when I tried to launch a simple open layers demo through IIS 6.0.
Everything seems to work great except the loading of wms images. I get the
dreaded pink tiles. When I attempt to view the image, I get the error "can't
establish a connection to the server at localhost:8080". The url is:
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms?LAYERS=nex%3ANexrad%20Stored%20View&SRS=EPSG%3A26917&TRANSPARENT=true&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_inimage&BBOX=561922.4749999996,4764341.606474999,601058.2334749997,4803477.364949999&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

This seems like it's probably a common newbie problem, but I have searched
endlessly for an existing answer to no avail. Any help is hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Piper McKinnon
NPCA

The Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this communication including any attachments may
be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above,
and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the
distribution, disclosure, or copying of this communication, or any of its
contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please re-send this communication to the sender and permanently delete
the original and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.