On 10/26/2009 09:02 AM, billChadwick wrote:
I guess it might be best to implement a 'plain divs' renderer for
OpenLayers.Layer.Vector with support for limited (straight line only)
geometries. Anyone tried this before ?
The one thing that holds us back from using Open Layers is that it doesn't use SVG or Canvas syntax for vector drawing - the last thing we want to use is another set of drawing commands. I realize this was done originally for the whole SVG/VML thing but now with iecanvas or svgweb who gives a crap about VML (many of us don't even give a crap if it runs in IE if they want to continue being non conformant (or excluding Canvas to be "conformant"). btw we're doing our drawing with Canvas (we like SVG but Gecko's implementation is not that great: slow and no inline <svg> tag without xml file type)