Hi all,

I have a WMS layer as my base layer and also a WFS layer on top of it.
OpenLayers renders the WMS layer perfectly, but the WFS layer doesn't show
up. I am pretty sure that the OpenLayers is sending an appropriate request
to the server (Geoserver) and the server is also responding properly, since:

  1. Geoserver is on the same server where my own application (which hosts
the OpenLayers.js) is. So
      there's no need for the proxy.
  2. Geoserver console logs show that it has received the request properly.
  3. When I copy the the request string in the address bar of my web
browser, I get the gml2 file from the
      server (I also tested the server with uDig as the client, and it can
render the features properly through
      WFS service provided by Geoserver).

Could you please help me on this issue and tell me what might be the cause
of this problem? I have copied the init function from the WFS example
available in the examples directory of OpenLayers 2.8 and added my own WMS
layer, removed the proxy setting, and changed the WFS setting.

Thanks in advance,
Majid