Andreas Hocevar-2 wrote:

> stash wrote:
>> thanks for the answer. When I open my html file the browser opens it as a
>> file.
>> Is there any possibility how to solve the problem when i open it as a
>> file?
>>

> No. OpenLayers is a *web* mapping library. I already told you to access
> your page via http://localhost:8080/geoserver/www/<whatever>.
>
>> (I develop a application in visual studio with openlayers. When I launch
>> my
>> app in visual studio the app will be opened as a html site
>> (http://localhost:1234/Default.aspx). But there is the same problem with
>> the
>> http request.
>>

> Then you have to search for or write your own proxy in asp, or configure
> the built-in http server of visual studio to use geoserver in a virtual
> folder (e.g. http://localhost/1234/geoserver).
>
>> Furthermore when I try to change the security settings to none the lowest
>> level is "medium" (how can i change it to none?)
>>

> You should not do that.
>
>> Hope you can help me.
>>

> You need to think about deployment of your application. This could be
> the key to solving your problem. Your users won't run OpenLayers off
> visual studio. You will  have an httpd (in your case probably IIS), and
> you need to configure that to provide GeoServer at the same origin. IIRC
> this is called "Virtual Folder" (or even Proxy) in IIS.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas.

Hello,

ok, that sounds a bit complicated, but thanks for the answer.

At the moment i have the following situation. When I launch my example app
as a file, I get an error (xmlhttprequest). Then i copied the example code
in my visualstudio and made a asp.net application. There, when I launch my
application, the app starts as html (not as a file) in this case I don't get
an error, but the dissapointing fact is, that I don't see the points of my
wfs (only the wms is shown).

It's really great that I don't get an xmlhttprequest anymore, but my wfs is
still not visible.

Is my code correct?

Best Regards
stash