Eric Lemoine schreef:
On Wednesday, November 18, 2009, John Pulles <john.pul...@geodan.nl> wrote:
Hi list,

Like the example at
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeature-wfs.html, I am using the
OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWSMLayer convenience function to select
features from a wms layer and collect the values of a certain attribute.
When opening the same map a next time, I would like to show which
features were selected. Now I'm looking for a way to add features to the
wfs layer based on some attribute values, what would be the easiest way?
you can register a "beforefeatureadded" listener on the vector layer,
something like that:

layer.events.on({
    beforefeatureadded: function(e) {
        // only add features whose foo attribute
        // is set to "bar"
        return e.feature.attributes.foo == "bar" ?
             true : false;
    }
});
Hi Eric,

What I would like is to fill the vector layer at initialization with the known features from the associated wfs layer. The beforefeatureadded event would still require the user to select features and then only adds the known features. But how to fill the vector layer with these features, without any action from the user?

Thanks,
John

cheers,

--