Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> If I want GML back, do I need to set HEADER, TEMPLATE, FOOTER?

Nope. GML is supported out of the box. However you may need to worry
about the gml_include/exclude_items metadata to control whicih
attributes are output. I think you may need DUMP TRUE in your
GML-enabled layers as well.

In pre-5.6, GetFeatureInfo output in GML format included only the bbox
of the features and not their geometry. This was fixed in one of the
last betas as well. See http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3161

> How do I tell OL that I want GML vs text/html vs text/plain?

Err... I know I've done this before, but I'm not fluent in OL so I don't
remember... a wild guess would be to look for an info_format param when
you create the layer, but I'm sure others on this list can provide a
better answer than me.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/