Hi,

I am doing a GetFeature on a WFS layer atop a WMS layer.The WFS layer is for
the purpose of doing GetFeature on that layer.

My code is as follows:

OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/proxy/?url=";
               var lon = 73.25;
               var lat = 20.35;
               var zoom = 6;
               map = new OpenLayers.Map('<%=map.ClientID%>');

               layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("OpenLayers WMS",
"/Mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/Shape/newwr1rec.map", {
layers: ["state", "RailwayStations"], transparent: false, format:
"image/png" }, { isBaseLayer: true });
               map.addLayer(layer);

               layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS("MyWFS",

"/Mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/Shape/Rail_wfs.map",
                { typename: "RailwayStations", maxfeatures: 10 },
                { featureClass: OpenLayers.Feature.WFS });

                select = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Selection", {
styleMap:
                new
OpenLayers.Style(OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.style["select"])
           });
            map.addLayers([layer,select]);
               map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());
               map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(lon, lat), zoom);

               // make a GetFeature request
//               map.events.register('click', map, function(e) {
//                   var url =
"http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/Shape/Rail_wfs.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GETfeature&typename=state";;

               //               })

                control = new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({
                   protocol: OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                       readFormat: new OpenLayers.Format.GeoJSON(),
                       formatOptions: {
                           outputFormat: "JSON"
                       },
                       url:
"/Mapserver/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/Shape/Rail_wfs.map",
                       featureType: "state",
                       featurePrefix: 'ms',
                       geometryName: 'the_geom',
                       maxFeatures: 100

                   }),
                   box:true,
                   multipleKey: "shiftKey"

               });
               control.events.register("featureselected", this, function(e)
{
                   alert(" in fselected");
                   //select.addFeatures([e.feature]);
                   document.getElementById('featuredetails').innerHTML +=
"<br>"+ e.feature.attributes.STATE + "<br>"
                   + e.feature.attributes.AREA;
               });
               map.addControl(control);
               control.activate();

The problems are as follows:

1) WFS layer is shown in layerSwitcher but not on the map.If I do a right
click I get options like" save picture as" which comes for a WMS layer

2) A box is drawn when I drag the mouse but the layer(select) for the
purpose of GetFeature goes off as soon as I leave the mouse. How can I have
the layer  be visible on the map with some color?

3) The select layer code is from one of the examples given but I don't know
from where the it is getting the stylemap.How can put a different stylemap?

4) I want to have a circle instead of a box.What do I need to do?

5)I want to have the filters within, Interesects and outside of the box?
PLs send me the code for the filters?

Thanks for your attention & efforts.