Hallo All,

this piece of code (filter) evaluates only string values??!

var strFilter =
'<ogc:Filter
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc";><ogc:PropertyIsGreaterThan><ogc:PropertyName>numberOfCitizens</ogc:PropertyName><ogc:Literal>'+value+'</ogc:Literal></ogc:PropertyIsGreaterThan></ogc:Filter>';

var wfsurl =
"http://localhost:81/ogc/cities.phpSERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&TYPENAME=mycities&FILTER=";
+ strFilter;

OpenLayers.loadURL(wfsurl, "", null, highlight_received_features);

So, I get the surprising results; the (highlighted) town with 7500
inhabitats IS GREATER THAN the city of 10000 inhabitants!?

It is obvious that the filter evaluates only string values. If I change the
value 7500 to 07500 (in my gml input file), I get the correct results.

How can I overcome this problem?
How can I say to my filter - "compare numbers not strings"?

Regards!