On Monday, May 17, 2010, Kai Behncke <kai-behn...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I use a WFS to get informations to an object by hovering a feature like:
>
> my_wfs_highlight = new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({
> protocol: OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer(my_layer),
> hover: true,
> clickTolerance: 15
> });
>

> ...in generally this works finely, but:
>
> If I move the mouse over some features I oftenly get failure messages in
> Firebug (e.g. "aborted" because the mouse doesn`t stop long enough over a
> feaure).
>
> I wonder if its possible to send a request e.g. if the mouse is above a
> feature for 500 millisecondes or so, to avoid these error messages?

The GetFeature control uses a 250 ms delay. And AFAICT there's
currently no way to customize that, which is a shame.

It'd be great if you could create a ticket for that. Even greater
would a patch to GetFeature. A patch would probably just involve
having delay:250 in the prototype, and using this.delay when creating
the hover handler.

> Or is it maybe possible to avoid error messages if a request is aborted?

I don't recall seeing such errors on abort. What they look like exactly?

Cheers,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS