Hanno,

looks like your filter

EXPRESSION ''

leads to no objects for this layer,I guess : Now your filter looks for all objects with the value '' in the column 'bfs'.

Try

EXPRESSION /./

for as single class layer first, to ensure that your filter gets some objetcs.

...and indeed: Its a question to put better on the mapserver-list,

regards, Till

Rahn Hanno (rahn) wrote:

Hello list,

I have a little question. Perhaps it is a UMN Mapserver Mapfile question, but perhaps you can help me a little bit.

I try to show a WMS layer in OpenLayers. For this I made a mapfile. In this mapfile I realise a layer like this:

LAYER
    NAME 'symbol'
    TYPE POLYGON
CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    CONNECTION 'host=*** user=*** password=*** dbname=***'
    DATA 'the_geom FROM gines_geo_2007 using unique oid using srid 21781'
METADATA
                "wms_title" "WMS symbol"
        END
PROJECTION
                "init=epsg:21781"
END STATUS ON CLASSITEM 'bfs'
    CLASS
      NAME ''
      EXPRESSION ''
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 0
        SIZE 3
                COLOR 63 153 94
        OUTLINECOLOR 170 85 0
       END
    END
END

All other layers in this mapfile works, so I think the mapfile header is correct.

And now I try to test the layer in my OpenLayers. For this I try this:

var urlArray =["http://***/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?";, "_http://***/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?_";];
var mapFile2 = "../htdocs/"+pfad+"/Maps/Hintergrund.map";

var symbolLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Symbollayer", urlArray, {map:mapFile2, layers:"symbol", transparent:"true"},{singleTile: true, ratio:1});

symbolLayer.setIsBaseLayer(false); map.addLayer(symbolLayer);

But I see nothing. In The Layerswitcher the layer is shown, but I see no map. All other layers work, so that I think the extent and so on is right. I think this is a UMN problem, but perhaps somebody has an idea here? If I try to show the GetMap request directly in the Browser it does'nt work, but I get no error message or message that something is wrong.

Hope that somebody can help me.

Greetings
Hanno

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG