Hello Brad,

I think the problem is your own separate EventHandler and the wrong handler
"draw". The DrawFeature-Control has an eventhandler "featureAdded". Take this
instead.

e.g.

OpenLayers.Control.NoticeControl =
OpenLayers.Class(OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature,
{
    initialize: function(layer, handler, options) {

        OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature.prototype.initialize.apply(this, [layer,
handler, options]);

    },
    setMap: function(map) {
        this.handler.setMap(map);
        OpenLayers.Control.prototype.setMap.apply(this, arguments);
    },
    featureAdded: function(feature) {
        alert(feature.geometry.toString());
        this.deleteFeature(feature);
    },
    deleteFeature: function(feature) {
        feature.state = OpenLayers.State.DELETE;
        this.layer.events.triggerEvent("afterfeaturemodified",
                                           {feature: feature});
        this.layer.drawFeature(feature);
    },
    CLASS_NAME: "OpenLayers.Control.NoticeControl"
});

how to use:

var polyOptions = {sides: 4};
var noticeControl = new OpenLayers.Control.NoticeControl(polygonLayer,
OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon,
                                            {handlerOptions: polyOptions});
map.addControl(noticeControl);

hope that works