Hi

To solve the non calling issue, I've deployed the WFS and the Web application
to the same server. Since they were in the same machine but in different ports
it's necessary to setup the Openalyers.proxyHost, or make them work in the same
Application Pool. I've done the latter and seen the (POST) request work, but
not how I expected. My current request is:

var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("MonkeyIsland", {
                strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
                projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),
                protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                    version: "1.0.0",
                    srsName: "EPSG:4326",
                    url: "http://localhost/WFS/GetFeature.ashx";,
                    featureNS: "http://www.mapinfo.com/wfs";,
                    featureType: "MonkeyIsland",
                    geometryName: "VL_GMTR",
                    schema:
"http://localhost/WFS/GetFeature.ashx?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&typename=miwfs:MonkeyIsland";
                })
            }
There are 2 things concerning this call:
1. I can only see the request being made (via Firebug) after I change the zoom
level
2. The WFS response is: <ServiceException code="-1">Missing namespace prefix
for PropertyName VL_GMTR</ServiceException>

So I believe that I'm missing one or more options in my request but, maybe a
namespace, but I don't know how to set it...

Can someone help?

Answering Robert's question, I believe the featureNS is the namespace of the
feature described in the WFS GetCapabilities. In my case I have the
miwfs:MonkeyIsland feature, so the namespace prefix is miwfs and the
corresponding namespace is identified in the root node of the GetCapabilities
of the WFS (xmlns:miwfs="http://www.mapinfo.com/wfs";).

Edu