Hi,

the problem I see with your approach is that OpenLayers.Control.GetFeatureInfo
creates a GetFeatureInfo request for the map extent, not for a tile. I would
recommend sending GetFeatureInfo requests to the underlying WMS, as explained
in
http://getsatisfaction.com/opengeo/topics/error_in_wmsgetfeatureinfo#reply_2612983

Regards,
Andreas.

On Jul 27, 2010, at 08:55 , Miles Jordan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been debugging a problem that I've been having with using the
> WMSGetFeatureInfo control and GeoWebCache.
>
> Basically I am setting OpenLayers.DOTS_PER_INCH to 90.71428571428572 which is
> what GeoWebCache expects by default, however when the WMSGetFeatureInfo
> request goes through to GeoWebCache it is like it's using the default 72 for
> DOTS_PER_INCH, because all of the resolutions are about 21% out.
>
> GeoWebCache responds with messages such as :"400: Requested horizontal
> resolution: 0.54931640625 , best match: 0.703125 exceeds 10% threshold.
> Perhaps the client is configured with an incorrect set of scales
> (resolutions), or the DPI setting is off compared to the one in GWC ?"
>
> I've actually just dropped the WMSGetFeatureInfo control into a GeoWebCache
> OpenLayers demo, so the resolutions are definitely set up to match. The full
> source (pretty short and simple) is at http://pastebin.com/JENnAPC9.
>
> I've brought it up on the GeoWebCache mailing list but now thinking that it's
> more likely something to do with OpenLayers. Here's a link to my messages:
> http://tinyurl.com/38jvcva
>
> It seems like the resolution would be calculated incorrectly by about that
> amount if the DOTS_PER_INCH were still at 72, so I'm wondering if there's
> another setting that I need to change or if there's a bug somewhere.
>
> Your comments are appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Miles Jordan
> Acting Manager / Systems Analyst
> Australian Antarctic Data Centre
> Australian Antarctic Division
> Dept. of the Environment, Water, Heritage & the Arts

>    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
> IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are
> not the
> intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this
> communication is
> strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this
> transmission in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232
> 3209 and
> DELETE the message.
>        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/

Andreas Hocevar