Hi Andreas,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately it didn't work either in IE. Do you
know what mechanism is responsible to remove the feature from the map, maybe
there is a way to prevent it. If there is no way to achieve this I will have to
search another way to stress this region...

Bye,
Christoph

Am 03.08.2010 um 16:58 schrieb Andreas Hocevar:

> Hi,
>
> does the feature also disappear in Internet Explorer? If not, and if you are
> not interested in support for older versions of Firefox, Safari and Opera,
> you could set
>
> OpenLayers.Renderer.SVG.prototype.MAX_PIXEL = Number.MAX_VALUE;
>
> before creating your map.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas.
>
> On Aug 3, 2010, at 16:28 , Christoph Lingg wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I encountered a strange behavior I don't understand: Sometimes I want to
>> cover my whole world map with a dark layer except a distinct region. This is
>> meant to  emphasize a certain region of the world. My approach is creating a
>> polygon with the size of the earth and a hole with the region of interest.
>> Looks like this:
>>>                     var world = new OpenLayers.Geometry.LinearRing([new
>>> OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(-20037508.34, -20037508.34), new
>>> OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(-20037508.34, 20037508.34), new
>>> OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(20037508.34, 20037508.34), new
>>> OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(20037508.34, -20037508.34)]);
>>>                     var hole = new OpenLayers.Geometry.LinearRing([new
>>> OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(r.x1, r.y1), new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(r.x1,
>>> r.y2), new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(r.x2, r.y2), new