Hi,

please always cc the list, since I don't know all the answers and people
with similar issues can find it in the e-mail archives later on.

Your first question: I don't know.

Redrawing can be done using:

feature.layer.drawFeature(feature);

http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/Vector-js.html#OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.drawFeature

Best regards,
Bart

--
Looking for flexible support on OpenLayers or GeoExt? Please check out
http://www.osgis.nl/support.html

Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS
bart...@osgis.nl