Forwarding Martin's answer, below. Resetting the user profile will probably be enough. Andrea

On 24/12/2012 Martin Groenescheij wrote:
Hi,

Try to reset your AOO user profile:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58403#p58403 to
solve your crashing problem.

Spellchecker issue:

There is a bug with the extensions (different extension using the same
configuration name), so you will have to remove some of them, until we
contact the extensions authors and ask them to fix the issue.

Go to the menu "Tools" - "Extension Manager..." and remove all the
English dictionaries (Canadian, etc), leaving only the one that says

"English spelling and hyphenation dictionaries and thesaurus" 2010.03.16

This should fix the bug.

Martin

PS both answers are copied from previous conversations