Hi,

On 05.03.2013 19:14, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
2013/3/5 Christopher Skipp <ski...@optimum.net>:
Hello, I wAS just wondering about Star Office, I believe it was a Sun
Microsystems product, but did it have any connection with Open Office?

Yes, OpenOffice.org was the free version of StarOffice. There were
some differences but very much of it were the same.

Minor correction:
StarOffice was Sun's commercial version of OpenOffice.org.

Best regards, Oliver.

  Is
it still available for sale or otherwise?  Thanks for your feedback.

I don't think so.

Sun Microsystems ahd been acquired by Oracle soem years ago.
Thus, "StarOffice" became "Oracle Open Office".
In 2011, Oracle decided to be no longer involved in office productivity development. Thus, "Oracle Open Office" vanished.

Best regards, Oliver.

Christopher Skipp