On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM, <d...@nixsyspaus.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Could someone of proper standing submit the PDL:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/licenses/PDL.html
>
> to the OSI:
>
> http://opensource.org/approval
>
> for review and clarification of this license?

1. It is a documentation license, not a source code license, so I don't see
this as being relevant to the OSI.  For example, I don't believe OSI has
reviewed/approved the Creative Commons licenses or the GNU Free
Documentation License either.

2.  The PDL was originally from Sun Microsystems.  They don't exist
anymore, and we're not using that license in the Apache OpenOffice project
for any new work.  Everything will be Apache License 2.0, code and
documentation, in the future.

So I don't think anyone has the standing or interest to take this to the
OSI, and I'm not sure the OSI even wants to deal with documentation
licenses.

Is there any other way we can help you?

Regards,

-Rob