On 5/4/2013 11:10 AM, Erin Whipple wrote:
Hi my name is Erin and I am trying to open attachment for apache open
office and it goes right to Microsoft word. what should I do

Save the file in a known location. Then in Windows Explorer right click and look for Open-With. That choice will either offer a list of choices that includes Open Office, or will allow you to Browse to the appropriate program under Program Files. (On 64-bit systems there will be two Program Files folders to explore.) After making your choice, look for a check-box to make that choice the default.