At 13:52 06/05/2013 -0400, Patricia Hickin wrote:
I am trying to add a border with a shadow, but the border will *not* appear! I go to Format > Page and click on the Borders tab, choose 5 pt, color green -- but nothing shows. If I add a shadow, the shadow shows but not the border.

As well as setting the style and colour of the border (and shadow), you need to select something under "Line arrangement" to indicate on which sides you want the border to appear. You can pick something under Default - you may want the second icon from the left, indicating all four sides - or make your own selection in the picture panel below. If you don't make this selection, you get the left icon by default, which is nothing!

Although I click OK at the end, when I return to the same formatting option, the 0.05pt option is selected instead of the 5.0.

That's because you (so far) asked for no border, so the style selection is forgotten.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker