Pat -

About Reveal Codes: I loved them in WP, and there's no reason why something comparable couldn't be implemented in OO and in fact somebody cobbled together a kind of demo at one point (in spite of what people say about styles). But we don't have them.

About styles: Yes, that's the elegant way to use OO and it would be good to learn about them. However, it doesn't obviate the need for something like Reveal Codes sometimes. (If you were really masochistic you could unzip your .odt file and examine the content.xml file to diagnose your problem.)

About your actual problem: I really don't understand what's happening to you, or where the blue could be coming from if you've stripped all formatting by using Notepad. Is there a URL there somewhere by any chance? Those can get displayed in blue (but also underlined) if you have URL recognition enabled.

- Robert