Paolo Alberto Rismondo wrote:
I'm also quite disappointed by this 'last version'; it often crashes,
and recovering is not easy and good.
I went back to the previous version (very good indeed) almost immediately.
Eventually I will update whes bugs are fixed, program is stable etc.

Actually, as others wrote in this thread, we don't have many reports of frequent crashes. But if you have a document that always causes OpenOffice to crash, please attach it to a new issue (register for Bugzilla: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ ) and developers will take a look and possibly fix it for the coming OpenOffice 4.0.1.

Regards,
  Andrea.