At 08:47 03/10/2013 -0600, John Meyer wrote:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/pueblonative/FormulaError2_zps27abcf42.png
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/pueblonative/Formulaerror1_zpsda33a4c4.png
Here are the worksheet names and the formula I am using.

I haven't been following this thread, so take this with a pinch of salt, but I think I can see the problems here.

Your source value in cell C1 of sheet Bonuses may look like "09-27-2013" but it is actually a date value formatted to look like that. I can see this from its right alignment (unless you have set this cell formatting manually). Your INDIRECT(ADDRESS... will retrieve this value, but not with the date formatting applied. I'm guessing, but I think the most obvious result would be the underlying date value (possibly 41544), the numbers of days from the date origin. Now your sheet is actually named "09-27-2013" - as text - and there is no sheet named "41544". Hence the error.

You could enter the date in C1 as text. Type an apostrophe before the value and it will be interpreted as text (and left aligned by default). The result of your INDIRECT(ADDRESS... will now be the same text string and this will match the sheet name.

But that's not the whole story. The result of the INDIRECT function is a text string representing the sheet name, but you cannot just append ".$E$1 ..." to this. Instead you need to concatenate these text strings as
INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1;3;1;;"Bonuses"))&".$E$1 ..."
but then you have another text string and you need to use INDIRECT() again to convert it to a reference. Try:
=COUNTIF(INDIRECT(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1;3;1;;"Bonuses"))&".$E$1:$E$2000");A2)

If you wanted to retain the values in C1 and so on as genuine dates, you may be able to convert the date value to the appropriate text explicitly using TEXT(...;"MM-DD-YYYY") within your formula. But I can't get this to work; I think the problem is that sheet names that are numerical or perhaps start with a number need in this context to be surrounded by quotes - and it's difficult to see how you could add these.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker