I think you should look on the formula objects, and see if there is a error
attribute you can fetch.
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/formula/FormulaProperties.html
another could be the getError() not sure if it's a formula value error or a
different kind of error thought.
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/table/XCell.html#getError

--
Alexandro Colorado