On 10/11/2013 M. Fioretti wrote:
http://stop.zona-m.net/2013/11/shall-we-waste-twelve-more-years-promoting-free-office-suites-instead-of-open-office-formats/

It's a complex issue. OpenOffice does advocate and promote ODF, project members have prominent roles in the ODF standard maintenance and the product shows a warning when users save in a non-ODF format. Still, in our user survey (for existing OpenOffice users) for version 4.x the top priority of our users was a better compatibility with the native formats of Microsoft Office. So, as things stand now, we'll have to do both. Of course this can be discussed forever, and this doesn't mean that users shouldn't complain when a document is only available in .DOC format... but OpenOffice as a project has to do both, as requested by its own users.

The real solution for this is that the openoffice product reports that
website as a whole to google for abuse, false advertising or whatever
it is.

Trademarks are dealt with in private due to the sensitive nature of the topic, but I think I can say that Apache already approached Google to prevent misuse of trademarks. For more about trademarks see
http://openoffice.apache.org/trademarks.html

Regards,
  Andrea.