To have control over where downloads are saved using FoxFire, Click "Tools" ; "Options" ; "General" then look for "Downloads" you will see "Show the Downloads window . . . " ; "Save Files to " ; "Always Ask Me where to save files" select "Always Ask Me" option to give you control to save file where you want it. Upon request to download a file, a little box will open giving an opportunity to direct the file to the proper directory for saving.

Dictating where files are saved when downloaded is a function of the browser NOT OpenOffice nor Excel nor MS Word nor WordPerfect nor Lotus nor Adobe.

Evens MIDY wrote:
Thank you Chari and Andrea,*

Is there not a way to check all the default paths used by openoffice
directory (other than Tool->Option->Path)?

I will try with different browser to see if  the same thing happening.

Best Regards,