Dave
 Thank you for your very quick response, I have been toying with the problem
over the last few hours, I noted that one document had locked after the title
which I changed, shortly after I had to restart the computer as it would not
open any files, low and behold the documents are now O.K. even a problem I had
with the time it was taking to go into Open Office seems to have resolved
itself.
The problem I had was with all my documents but this has also resolved itself
and they are all behaving.
Many thanks for your suggestion I will log this in case I get a similar
situation
Kind regards
Roy