Sorry but these posts are incoherent to me.

Sent from Samsung tablet

-------- Original message --------
From japples <japp...@europa.com>
Date: 04/07/2014  3:18 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>,"OO users@openoffice.apache.org"
<users@openoffice.apache.org>
Subject Re: Calc Formula Question

I entered an "IF" formula that produced the error.  Statement of fact.

Not finding an easy answer in Help (opened under OpenOffice Calc, used
"Find" to search the term "#name error" with result "no topics found") -
I turned to the message board (can only see messages related to my
question / comment)

Note: my question was a statement of fact
Note: another time the error happened was with a negative number -
again, logically that negative number should have been calculated in the
IF formula
Note: Contents did not contain info re: Calc error
Note:  I did not have an error 525 displayed so continued searching for
the error I received
. . . "error 525 #name" may not be the same as "#name"

    Note: definition is "An identifier could not be evaluated, for
    example, no valid reference, no valid domain name, no column/row
    label, no macro, incorrect decimal divider, add-in not found."

Note: The IF Formula I was trying to use worked in Excel, Quatto, and
Lotus - just had a bit of adjustment changing to Calc - is this the
point you assumed I overlooked?

Now for the definition in Calc help:  Identifier - refers to what?; had
a valid reference, did not require a domain name, had valid column / row
labels, no macro with except of IF function were involved, no division
was requested, no add-in other than the sum in referenced cells.

When I use Help, I expect an intuitive document designed for the casual
/ new user.  Does that help clarify why I didn't find the error number
(which I did not receive) and you so kindly pointed out?

No worries . . . I figured it out.
Jack