On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:49:03 -0000, Sue Woolf <sue.wo...@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

I just downloaded the new version of Open Office Calc, migrating thus from vsn
3 to vsn 4.

Annoyingly I HAVE LOST AN IMPORTANT SPREADSHEET…why was it not converted into
the new format under the new version I downloaded…I am cross!

Tried to do a system restore to get rid of new version, did not work…

you mean you created a spreadsheet with an old version and now the new version
can't open it? then, what extension does your spreadsheet have? corel's quattro
pro spreadsheets (*.qpw) are no longer supported due to license
incompatibility, and so does legacy staroffice file format, *.sdc.