Hello Julian,
make an adjacent column and create a formula that give the number of the
colour of cell. You can save as .csv and discrimine on that number.
Hope i am clear and this serve.
daniel

Le 28/04/2014 06:16, Brian Barker a écrit :
> At 23:20 27/04/2014 -0400, Julian Thomas wrote:
>> I have an excel file (names and addresses) where the previous user(s)
>> have marked the processed row items by coloring the entries yellow. Is
>> there an easy way to select these rows to delete them and get a file
>> with only entries needing processing?
>
> I'm reasonably sure that you cannot do this: OpenOffice sees background
> colour as formatting information and not data - so you cannot use it in
> processes. But you may be able to make the problem a little easier. Try
> inserting a new (temporary) column, adjacent to the coloured cells if
> the whole rows have not been coloured. Then you can easily scroll down
> through the file, typing something - any convenient character - into
> this column just in the coloured rows (or the non-coloured rows if that
> is easier). Then sort *all* the data on this extra column. Make sure
> that you "Include formats". This will separate your sheet into two
> areas, with all the coloured and non-coloured rows respectively
> together. After scanning the colours again to ensure you didn't miss
> anything, you can easily select the coloured rows as a block and delete
> them.
>
>> Conversely, if I save in excel as CSV, is there a tag somewhere that I
>> can use to select the unprocessed entries?
>
> No: the CSV format saves data and not formatting (or relationships), so
> you would be even worse off.
>
> But you seem to imply by this question that you have access to Microsoft
> Excel; in any case, your "previous users" may do so. In that case you
> may like to know that I notice you *can* sort on cell colour in Excel
> (at least, you can in Excel 2010).
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

---
Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce
que la protection avast! Antivirus est active.