On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Issy & Vern <verni...@care4free.net> wrote:
>  McAfee gave me a red shield with a warning that it could not verify the
> supplier of the software.

I wonder if this is realted to the Windows feature of digitally
signing executables aka authenticode?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/ms537361%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
http://blog.didierstevens.com/2008/12/31/howto-add-a-digital-signature-to-executables/

Does Apache sign its releases w authenticode? never checked.

In any case, the lack of an authenticode signature is no danger by
itself, if you check the file integrity by other means (ie SHA256SUM).
Although I admit it´d be nice to have Apache identified as a software
publisher via authenticode signature of the executables...

FC
- George Orwell