Hi Suzanne

The source of the confusion is on the main download page here - in the light green section up top.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Stay happy

On 29 Apr 2014, at 19:49, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

Suzanne Cerny wrote:
Hello, I thought I saw that the updated version of open office was for 10.6
or lower. I saw that somewhere.

This is strange. The opposite is true. OpenOffice 4.0.1 is the last supported version on Mac OS X 10.6.x or lower. The new OpenOffice 4.1.0 requires Mac OS X 10.7 or higher. If we wrote some wrong information somewhere, please give us a link, so that we can correct it.

If you need to go back to 4.0.1, please download it again from this link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg/download

(wait 5 seconds for the download to start after you click the link)

Regards,
 Andrea.