This has been a  very interesting thread.

It has also been the single most posted to thread I've seen in the six or
so months I've been a subscrber to this group.

What fascinates me is that other than the three defender's of OO
"orthodoxy" regarding "styles" ve. alternative methods, like a WP "reveal
codes" approach, the overwhelming majority of posters appear to desire the
WP/Corel "Reveal Codes" option to the very steep learning curve of the
"styles " approach.

Food for thought.

If the programmers behind OO want to provide a word processor which will
attract users, and avoid the very high costs of the MJKS or Corel products,
those programmers might want to seriously consider the efficacy of
providing what the users who have expressed an opinion appear to want,
rather tahn take the "...my way or the highway..." approach expresseed here
so far.

Not trying to start a pissing contest.  Just pointing out what the
admittedly unscientifif opinion sample in this thread has so far shown.

Is there a  technical reason why a Corel/WP "Reveal Codes" function can not
be implemented in 5.x.x?