On 05/19/2014 02:22 PM, Larry Gusaas wrote:
On 2014-05-19, 5:24 AM mt wrote:
But I suppose I'll have to live with that, at least until I can afford a new computer, able to run the latest OS!
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.6.8
That model of MacBook Pro should run the latest version of OS X.
http://www.apple.com/support/osx/upgrade/

One solution for older computers running OS X 10.x for those who want to do so: Ubuntu runs quite well on Ubuntu and likely other versions of Linux. (This is for computers that have the Intel motherboard.) I have Ubuntu 14.04 (April 2014) running on a MacBook (OS X 10.4 was the original OS installation). But you have to be willing to leave the Apple way of doing things...

--Dan