From: Tony Dews [mailto:verseandvo...@gmail.com]
Sent: June-19-14 12:07 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: [Bulk] Spell Check

Hi,

I am a writer and I have a problem with Open Office in that the auto spellcheck
tells me that every word I type is incorrect. As a writer and with one book
that so far is at 280 (133,000 words or thereabouts) pages you can understand
that this is a real problem when it comes to editing and proofreading. If I do
a spell check manually it brings up every single word as being incorrect no
matter what default language I use, be it US or UK English. If I turn it off
then it does exactly the opposite which brings up its own problems. None of the
options in the help menu are any help at all and uninstalling the program and
downloading the current version isn't any help either. This problem arose when
I had a colleague edit one of my stories, she used MS Word and normally this
isn't an issue since they are compatible but for some reason when I opened the
document she edited using Open Office this caused the problem above. Can you
give me any ideas how to fix the problem since it is a real pain in the ass.

Cheers
Tony Dews