On June 24, 2014 12:18:40 PM PDT, Doug wrote

>There probably ought to be some sort of textbook for OO/LO that would

User documentation.
For various reasons, the people that write it, have felt treated like the
red-haired step-child.

Currently, most of the LibO user guides apply to AOo, but there are some
blatent discrepencies. Over time, I expect these to become uncrossible chasms.

>the necessity of learning the "styles" protocols, this is not a DIY kind

The fundamental issue is not that using styles is difficult, or awkward.
Rather, it is simply is not part of the curriculum, when teaching people how to
use an office suite.

It probably is hardest on those who had the misfortune of having WordPerfect as
their first office suite, because its known bugs mitigated against the
consistent use of styles.

jonathon

--
Your documents, your language, your way.