On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 16:30:55 -0400
Julian Thomas <j...@jt-mj.net> wrote:

> On 3 Jul 2014, at 13:57, Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > All you have to do is to create a header (or footer) in your page style and
> > then to insert all the frames into the header. Note that all this does is
> > to anchor the frames in the header: they can still be positioned (possibly
> > by dragging) wherever you need them on the page. Since the frames are
> > anchored in the header, they will automatically reappear, along with their
> > content, on each page. The header itself does not need to encroach on your
> > page text area, as you can adjust some combination of the header height,
> > the header spacing, and the top margin of the page to remove its effect on
> > the final appearance.
>
> Clever and fiendish!  It works (but see below)
> >
> > When you move to a new page, either by natural text flow or by inserting a
> > manual page break (with no change of page style), the frames will all
> > reappear on your new page. You can create an identical table around them or
> > you can choose to copy the first page to the second, amending the variable
> > text as necessary. To avoid needing to delete or replace the variable text,
> > you could choose to copy the first page to a second (and so on, similarly),
> > before you added the variable text to the first (and each) page.
>
> Unfortunately, when I move to the second page and amend the text, it changes
> it on the first page also.  I'm going to have to print this a page at a
> time:-(

As I recollect, you said that your frame content was invariant from page to
page. If you wish it to change, or to change after a number of pages, make
another page style identical in format but of different name. Header/Footer
information, which your frames are by virtue of their anchoring in the
Header/Footer, is a Page Style property.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>