I think what he/she meant is something like what Microsoft Office has,
which unfortunately is not the case in AOO. AOO sends the document to
the mail client as an attachment as opposed to email body.

This makes it hard for a resume user to email his content seamlessly.
there have been projects that have been implemented to fix this but
the issue remain on the email client as well. How can
Outlook/Thunderbird/Kmail, etc return the html document back into ODT?

Until then, email attachments and extra loading steps need to take
place. Maybe some Google Summer of Code project to be solved once and
for all.

We just need to learn how to program the COM instructions and internal
application messaging.

On 7/8/14, Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net> wrote:

> On 07/08/2014 03:26 PM, Justyna K. wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How to put my resume file from email into the open office application and
>> then send as a file.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Sent from my iPad
> Not sure why you're having a problem. Just highlite the entire resume
> and paste it into OO or any word processor.
> You should then be able to correct the line and paragraph spacing, and
> the font and the justification. The only problem you will
> have, I believe, is that any apostrophes or quote marks will be straight
> "inch marks." And you'll have to go thru and correct them
> all one by one.
>
> If there is more to this than meets the eye, post again--I have been
> doing something similar to this for some time, as editor
> of a small-circulation Newsletter.  There is an additional technique i
> have used once in a while, but if you don't need it, I won't
> go into it, since your distro may be different.
>
> --doug

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor