On 07/10/2014 08:40 PM, Vicky Krisna wrote:
> Dear Open Office,
>
> Hi, I'm Vicky Krisna Try, and now I work at small business company in
> Indonesia. I would like to ask for helping me give a reason why my company
> should use Open Office.
> The main issue is My Office didn't want to use license, so I give
> recommendation that My Office should use Open Office. But some employees ask
> some questions, please help me by give the answers for the questions.
>
> - The different between Ms Excel and Open Office Calc, is there some formula
> that Ms Excel have but Open Office haven't? and is it ok if we change from Ms
> Excel to Open Office Calc?
> - The different between Ms Word and Open Office Writer
> - The different between Ms Power Point and Open Office Impress, and
> - Why we should change Ms Office into Open Office?
>
> I hope Open Office's team can helping me :)
> Thank You so much,
> Regards,
>

> Vicky Krisna T.W
> -there's always a place for a creative person -

Perhaps these will be of some help:

<http://www.idealware.org/articles/comparing-microsoft-office-open-source-alternatives>
Note that the above article is written for non-profit organisations, but
you should be able to make a similar comparison for your company.

<http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/>
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Migration_Guide>
Note: an updated version is being worked on:
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Migration_Guide_ALV2>
see the table of contents links in the box on the right side of the page.

Release notes (Indonesion):
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=34016881>

The following is an LibreOffice comparison page. LibreOffice is a 'fork'
of Apache OpenOffice and in many cases uses the same code/features:
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office>
Note: Apologies the list - I attempted to find a similar comarison page
for AOO, but could not find one. Perhaps someone on the list can point
you/me to one.

Once your employees become familiar with AOO, perhaps they may wish to
contribute to the AOO Indonesian pages & documention:
<http://www.openoffice.org/id/>