At 16:00 13/07/2014 -0700, Jim McLaughlin wrote:
Printer is an HP 6310. OS is Windows 7. Open Office 4.0.0. Label sheets are Avery # 5160.

I'd like to print multiple different labels on different column / row combinations on the Avery sheet. (Note: I do not want to print 30 iterations of the same label on a sheet.)

As it is, I can readily click through to T*ext Document > File > New > Labels* and once there get the dialog box, click on various column and row selections, click single label and click new document.

It's odd that you should choose "Single label" if your need is to print multiple labels.

That is amazingly inefficient.

True.

I am sure I am missing something simple.

I think you are.

How do I enter two different labels in two different label fields, (or three, or four, or five or six, for that matter) without having to reinitialize the "LABEL" function?

On the Options tab of the Labels dialogue, for Distribute choose "Entire page" but remove the tick from "Synchronise contents". The fact that you will see all thirty labels outlined in the sheet is no problem, of course: all that will print is whatever you choose to insert in any of the label fields.

I was readily able to enter multiple labels on a single label sheet with both Word and WordPerfect.

And now - I hope - with OpenOffice.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker